Ready for a new beginning?
We are looking for Production Database Administrator for one of our international clients who provides hybrid IT solutions. On this role, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Database Support you’ll be part of the Oracle Support team within the Client Service Operations Department.
- Planning and maintenance of all client database systems.
- Providing support to client’s databases and maintaining high availability through proactive measures
- Resolving complex technical issues escalated by other internal departments
- Administration and troubleshooting of database/server issues.
- Ensuring clients & partners are updated on the current status of issues
- Implementing operational procedures, utilising tools and database best practice
- Helping achieve required levels of operational scalability & performance
- Participating in the on-call rota
- Ensuring that knowledge is retained through documentation of procedures and knowledge-base articles
- Documentation of troubleshooting carried out (including root cause analysis etc.)
- Configuring backups for clients
- Reviewing and updating backup procedures for databases
- Ensuring that all new backup scenarios are documented and ready for the knowledge base
- Auditing of backup-related documents
- Resolving issues requiring data recovery
- Implementing and testing plans of actions
- Applying patches when required
- Minimum of 4 years of related industry experience in the areas of technical support and administration of Oracle and MySQL databases on Unix platforms.
- Oracle on Windows experience also useful.
- A good understanding of Oracle and MySQL RDBMS: Administration, Backup & Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Performance Tuning, Database High Availability and Failover Technologies (like RAC, Unix Active/Passive clustering)
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 11g, 12c and MySQL 5.1-5.6
- Experience of Oracle Application Server / Fusion Middleware suite also useful
- Knowledge/experience of ITIL standards desirable
- Knowledge of backup strategies and systems (preferably NetBackup).Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills
- Fluent English
- Working in an international environment
- Yearly bonus
- Contract of employment
- Training budget
- MyBenefit card : (monthly you get 280 points which you can use for example LuxMed, Multisport, Life insurance)
- Lunch card (190PLN monthly)
- 12,000 - 17,000 PLN